Court of Protection and Deputyship

Court of Protection & Deputyship Solicitors

If a loved one has lost mental capacity, needs somebody to make decisions on their behalf and does not have a Lasting Power of Attorney in place, you should apply to the Court of Protection.

At Bowsers Solicitors, we can assist with all aspects of Court of Protection and deputyship matters, including helping to arrange mental capacity assessments and Court of Protection applications or disputes.

Court of Protection Solicitor Near Me

The Court of Protection is a legal entity tasked with aiding individuals who have lost the mental capacity to make choices regarding their affairs. These decisions typically involve:

  • The person’s health and welfare
  • The person’s finances and property arrangements

There are a variety of ways in which our solicitors can support you concerning the Court of Protection, including:

  • Court of Protection applications.
  • Assistance with the mental capacity assessment process.
  • Legal advice and support over decisions made for a person who lacks the capacity to do so themselves.

If you are looking for Court of Protection or Deputyships advice, please contact our experienced private client solicitors and chartered legal executives today on 01945 583194 (Wisbech) or 01354 652606 (March), or email Alternatively, you can fill in our contact form. 

Contact Us

Wisbech and March Solicitors

Bowsers Solicitors are local solicitors for the local community. Based in March and Wisbech and supporting clients across Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire and Norfolk, our professional legal team understands the emotional and overwhelming nature of applying to the Court of Protection. We will do all we can to support you throughout the process. 

To speak to one of our friendly yet professional private client solicitors or chartered legal executives today, please call 01945 583194 (Wisbech) or 01354 652606 (March), or email Alternatively, you can fill in our contact form

Deputyship Solicitor Near Me

In cases where a loved one has not set up a Lasting Power of Attorney, you should apply to the Court of Protection to become a deputy. A deputy has the legal authority to make decisions on a person’s behalf. Most deputies are typically close family members or a friend to the person who has lost mental capacity. Sometimes, a legal professional, such as a solicitor, can be appointed a person’s deputy by the Court.

There are a variety of ways in which our solicitors can support you in relation to deputyships, including:

  • Act as professional deputies where necessary.
  • Advise and support deputies with their responsibilities.

Solicitor for Court of Protection and Deputyships Cambridgeshire

The processes surrounding the Court of Protection and deputyships are highly complex. Therefore, seeking the appropriate advice is essential. Your solicitor or other legal professional should tentatively guide you through the process, ensuring you understand the technicalities whilst your loved one remains of paramount importance.

Book an Appointment

Wisbech Office

15 South Brink
PE13 1JL

March Office

10 Market Place
PE15 9JQ